It’s easy to get started right away. Just Click HERE to set up your Young Living account. Use Enroller and Sponsor #39971.
When you buy a Premium Starter Kit, I will send you a Welcome Packet with reference materials and other tools and resources to help you get started.
We have all the felt the effects of sleep deprivation: that zombie-like feeling that consumes us the moment we roll out of bed. Our eyes are heavy, we can’t think straight, everything in a blur. Like mechanical robots, we go about our day not fully comprehending what is going on around us.
The negative effects of sleep deprivation are quickly becoming an alarming issue. According to a recent poll, 58 percent of adults in the US experience symptoms of insomnia several nights a week.
Sleep-deprived individuals find it hard to concentrate or feel productive during the day. Perhaps worst of all, more and more are driving drowsy. In fact, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that 100,000 of reported crashes occur as a result of drowsiness.
Getting a good night’s sleep is important for mental health and normal functioning, but it’s pertinent for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Single essential oils such as valerian, spikenard, and lavender are known for their ability to relax, calm, and emotionally ground a person. RutaVaLa, Peace & Calming and Gentle Baby are soothing essential oil blends that have similar effects. These oils can be diffused, inhaled, massaged into the feet prior to retiring to help ease tension and settle the mind.
DURING THE DAY:
- Consume less or no caffeine, particularly late in the day.
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine, especially close to bedtime.
- Exercise, but not within three hours of going to bed.
- Avoid naps, especially in the late afternoon or evening.
- Establish a regular sleep schedule; dont try to make up for lost sleep.
- Take a warm bath using a few drops of lavender in the water to soothe away stress and tension before retiring at night.
- Rub a drop of essential oil such as lavender on your palm and smooth over pillow to aid with sleep.
- Apply Peace & Calming or another soothing oil to the feet before bedtime to promote relaxation.
Young Living’s SleepEssence contains four relaxing essential oils in a softgel vegetarian capsule for easy ingestion. Combining lavender, vetiver, valerian, and Ruta graveolens essential oils with the hormone melatonin.
Body Scrubs can be a soothing way to nurture and show your body some love while supporting the immune system and some body functions.
Here are a few body scrub recipes that you may enjoy:
1 Cup of Fine Sea Salt – 2-3 T Olive Oil (or any fine vegetable oil)
1-3 drops of the essential oils of your choice.
Make it to your own consistency.
Preparation: Mix all ingredients well in a glass or stainless steel bowl, mug or cup. (DO NOT USE PLASTIC or Foam cups or containers, the oils will ingest it).
1. Using small amounts of your body scrub in your hands, start scrubbing at your toes, push back your toenail cuticles, and scrub all the way up the body in a circular motion.
2. Shower, using a clean washcloth, (little or no soap) or take a plain water bath (little or no soap). Using a wash cloth will remove all of the dead skin cells. With a towel, pat yourself dry.
Spicy Body Scrub:
Woody Body Scrub:
And Nutmeg, Vetiver, and/or Ginger.
Citrus Body Scrub:
and/or Vetiver, Nutmeg, or Ginger.
With summer coming up we tend to get out and be more active with gardening, yard work, hiking, sports and other activities. There are so many fun things to do we often find ourselves having a little too much fun. It’s times like that I am really appreciating the use of essential oils.
There are certain times every year we need to be especially careful when we are in public places. Being aware of the germs on surfaces is a good start in helping to maintain your healthy immune system.
Here are a Few Ideas For Germy Seasons:
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Use stairs rather than crowded elevators (keep hands off the rails)
- Cash carries germs. Wash hands or use Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier after handling money.
- Keep hands away from nose, eyes and mouth.
- Use tissues, not cloth handkerchiefs.
- Get plenty of sleep, keep stress levels down and use supplements to support your healthy immune system.
- If you have to shake hands with someone, be sure and wash your hands before rubbing eyes or nose.
- Use the “Sneeze into your elbow” technique.
- Wash your hands often.
Common things people handle: Shopping cart handles, door knobs, hand rails, money, buffets, car doors, keyboards, phones, escalators, counter tops, credit cards, elevator buttons, bathrooms, bathroom door knobs, gas pumps and more.
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier and other Thieves Products can be helpful in keeping hands and surfaces clean during germy seasons.
Have you ever done a Raindrop, just on your feet? It’s marvelous! I apply each one of the oils, in the sequence that I would use in a Raindrop, mostly to the bottoms of the feet, but using what’s left on my hands to also rub the tops of the feet.
This is awesome for tired feet!
The sequence is: Valor, oregano, thyme, basil, wintergreen, cypress, marjoram, peppermint, Aroma Siez, and Ortho Ease. I use about 2 drops of oregano and thyme, and about 3 – 4 drops of each of the other oils, on each foot. In fact, if you ever wished you could have a Raindrop (on your back), and don’t have anyone nearby trained and available – give yourself a Raindrop on your own feet!
The oils go up and throughout the whole body and you’ll feel wonderful.
Order Raindrop Kit from Young Living Essential Oils
Order Code #3137
TO Purchase the Essential Oils Premium Starter Kit
, become a Young Living Member by CLICKING HERE